Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[SOLVED] How to use Auto Deck Builder
shafak
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:05:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

i didnt get it. i have some legend cards on my inventory but when i use "find my best deck" always chose basic cards. is there a problem?

ANSWER:

meulsie;34052 wrote:
A lot of people get confused with how Auto Deck Builder operates, I think the explanation should be made a lot clearer so people understand what they are getting when they put down money for it. Myself I am happy with my lifetime purchase as this is a great bot and I've got more than my $$ worth out of it.

The way Deck Builder works is it has many thousands of decks in its catalogue however it will ONLY suggest a deck for you if you have EVERY card in that deck, this is where a lot of people get confused and the main problem lies. For example, I was very lucky and pulled a Dr. Boom in one of my first ever packs, so basically I had Dr. Boom and then a lot of basic cards/some naxx and not a lot of other good key cards (missing Knife Juggler etc.) So when I put in the filter "Must have Dr.Boom", it always returned "No decks available". This is because all the decks in Deck Builder's catalogue that contained Dr. Boom also had all the other key good cards (Knife Juggler etc.) that I didn't have because whoever made those predefined decks assumed that if you were good enough to have Dr.Boom you were good enough to have most of the other decent cards.

Deck Builder is awesome if you have all the necessary good cards because then there are lots of decks in Deck Builder's catalogue which will match with your collection and it will give you a good amount of suggestions. If you're like me though and are missing lots of cards in your collection then the best option for you is to not try and put legendaries in the filter, rather put the cards that you do have that aren't legendary in the "must use at least one of" column then Deck Builder will still give you a few different deck suggestions with the cards you've chosen, then just swap out some of the minions it uses with ones you'd prefer and add your legendaries.

I hope this makes sense, I was also quite confused when I first bought hearthranger but I think this will be a tool that becomes more useful for me as I get more cards.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 11:09:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
Use deck filter to lock one or two key cards to find more decks.

Or you may need to click hundreds of times of 'next deck' button in the results to find your desired deck.
shafak
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:51:06 AM(UTC)

when i do that. press next deck. its just changing places of cards. no any new cards :/
shafak
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:56:34 AM(UTC)

interesting part is building same deck for every classes. just 1 or 2 card changing....
JoyAdmin
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 11:37:54 AM(UTC)

You can always find very good decks while your card collection is expanding.

And if you're using all basic cards deck in casual mode, you'll probably be matched with another basic deck player, and usually bot will win, it's still very good to grind gold.
1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
shafak on 12/24/2015(UTC)
rasamawusa
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 3:00:17 PM(UTC)

my deck builder also uses just the basic cards i thought it would scan my whole library and then give me the best deck for it? and the first deck is always the best or how does it work?
JoyAdmin
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 10:19:47 PM(UTC)

Of course bot scans your whole library, bot will return hundreds of decks results if you don't use deck filter.

meulsie
#8 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 12:12:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A lot of people get confused with how Auto Deck Builder operates, I think the explanation should be made a lot clearer so people understand what they are getting when they put down money for it. Myself I am happy with my lifetime purchase as this is a great bot and I've got more than my $$ worth out of it.

The way Deck Builder works is it has many thousands of decks in its catalogue however it will ONLY suggest a deck for you if you have EVERY card in that deck, this is where a lot of people get confused and the main problem lies. For example, I was very lucky and pulled a Dr. Boom in one of my first ever packs, so basically I had Dr. Boom and then a lot of basic cards/some naxx and not a lot of other good key cards (missing Knife Juggler etc.) So when I put in the filter "Must have Dr.Boom", it always returned "No decks available". This is because all the decks in Deck Builder's catalogue that contained Dr. Boom also had all the other key good cards (Knife Juggler etc.) that I didn't have because whoever made those predefined decks assumed that if you were good enough to have Dr.Boom you were good enough to have most of the other decent cards.

Deck Builder is awesome if you have all the necessary good cards because then there are lots of decks in Deck Builder's catalogue which will match with your collection and it will give you a good amount of suggestions. If you're like me though and are missing lots of cards in your collection then the best option for you is to not try and put legendaries in the filter, rather put the cards that you do have that aren't legendary in the "must use at least one of" column then Deck Builder will still give you a few different deck suggestions with the cards you've chosen, then just swap out some of the minions it uses with ones you'd prefer and add your legendaries.

I hope this makes sense, I was also quite confused when I first bought hearthranger but I think this will be a tool that becomes more useful for me as I get more cards.
2 users thanked meulsie for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 12/28/2015(UTC), Spiucrus on 1/14/2016(UTC)