Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Having trouble opening HearthRanger
heretician
#1 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 11:53:09 PM(UTC)
heretician

Groups: HSModerator, Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 12 post(s)
At first I only ran HR on my laptop but after needed use of more CPU/GPU resources for silverfish and whatnot, I tried running it on my gaming PC and after starting the launcher it downloads the uploads I press start and then... Nothing. Just nothing happens. No errors, it just doesn't start. The only antivirus I have is Windows Defender, I disabled it and attempting to start it and it will not start.

Any assistance y'all? Anyone have something like this and was able to fix it? Running, oddly enough, Windows 10 on the laptop where it runs fine and Windows 7 on the gaming computer where it does not.

Thanks in advance.
HearthRanger Administration Team & Lead Forum Admin
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 12:21:27 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
You can try to download the full package, then extract it to overwrite your local copy.
heretician
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:42:06 PM(UTC)
heretician

That's what I did. I redownloaded HearthRanger from the website; a fresh download and tried to run it but still encountered the same issue.
omgfrost
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:50:16 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Try using Ccleaner to delete all temp files and registry keys. Reboot pc and try again.
JoyAdmin
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2015 9:41:19 AM(UTC)

It's possible that your system's .net framework is messed up.
heretician
#6 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 7:12:40 PM(UTC)
heretician

JoyAdmin;33542 wrote:
It's possible that your system's .net framework is messed up.

I think this is the issue. In my uninstaller it doesn't even specifically list framework like it does on my other computer. HearthRanger uses 4.0 not 4.5 framework right? I am getting errors when attempting to download and install dotNetFx45 (4.5) and I think I need to reinstall my framework.

http://i.imgur.com/ygEp5Qj.png

Any idea on WHAT to uninstall though lol? And can you link me to a good 4.0 download? the Microsoft 4.5 is just an update to 4.0.
omgfrost
#9 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 7:20:12 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Uninstall both and then make full windows update updates. Even tho it saying completed, after reboot Keep searching again and again till it finds none. .NET should be downloaded too. If not just google and reinstall then. I's very recommended to make all updates anyway tho, for more stability and performances.
JoyAdmin
#7 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 10:28:46 PM(UTC)

heretician;33581 wrote:
I think this is the issue. In my uninstaller it doesn't even specifically list framework like it does on my other computer. HearthRanger uses 4.0 not 4.5 framework right? I am getting errors when attempting to download and install dotNetFx45 (4.5) and I think I need to reinstall my framework.

http://i.imgur.com/ygEp5Qj.png

Any idea on WHAT to uninstall though lol? And can you link me to a good 4.0 download? the Microsoft 4.5 is just an update to 4.0.

.net framework 4.5 also works if it's not messed up, it's compatible with .net framework 4.0.

btw if already messed up, you can uninstall all of them, then start to install .net framework 3.5 sp1, then .net framework 4.0/4.5, this may fix it.
heretician
#8 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 11:27:50 PM(UTC)
heretician

JoyAdmin;33588 wrote:
.net framework 4.5 also works if it's not messed up, it's compatible with .net framework 4.0.

btw if already messed up, you can uninstall all of them, then start to install .net framework 3.5 sp1, then .net framework 4.0/4.5, this may fix it.

Fixed :) Thank you as always Joy!

Was having a ton of trouble reinstalling the framework and looked in the logs after I would get a fatal installation error; had to delete a folder from system/SysWOW64 that fixed everything. All good now!