Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Auto deck builder is shitty!
dansken17
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:23:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Just bought one month sub to try the auto deck builder! and it sucks imo! i have alot off good cards in my collection but it seams like the bot just choose the basic ones! why is that !?
oijkn
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 7:04:32 PM(UTC)
oijkn

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 93 post(s)
dansken17;33040 wrote:
Just bought one month sub to try the auto deck builder! and it sucks imo! i have alot off good cards in my collection but it seams like the bot just choose the basic ones! why is that !?

Use filter function to add some legend etc...

Regards.
yellowkhaled
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 1:57:24 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
dansken17;33040 wrote:

It's not perfect, but far from shitty. There are many good decks without legendaries, and maybe some legendaries you have don't fit well in the deck.
MrFataltastic
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:02:54 PM(UTC)

This is harsher criticism but as a recent lifetime subscriber, the auto builder is pretty bad, it builds particularly awful aggro decks that consist of only basic cards. The filter option doesn't do much because "include one card from" doesn't make a good or bad deck, and neither does "include a legendary" - there's an option to "must include card" but this is much less useful than simply "Never include card" which would be the most helpful as I could get it to not build decks with shit cards.

My opinion as constructive criticism, take out the "must include card" option, it's pretty worthless because for each type of deck there are different "must have" cards, control needs sludge belcher, aggro needs abusive sergeant but neither needs both. Having an actual "filter" to remove cards you know you don't want (crap basics like novice engineer, boulderfist ogre) is going to be useful in all decks instead of some, and to at least give me an auto-build deck that I can further tweak.

whisper_dan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:37:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
MrFataltastic;33139 wrote:
This is harsher criticism but as a recent lifetime subscriber, the auto builder is pretty bad, it builds particularly awful aggro decks that consist of only basic cards. The filter option doesn't do much because "include one card from" doesn't make a good or bad deck, and neither does "include a legendary" - there's an option to "must include card" but this is much less useful than simply "Never include card" which would be the most helpful as I could get it to not build decks with shit cards.

My opinion as constructive criticism, take out the "must include card" option, it's pretty worthless because for each type of deck there are different "must have" cards, control needs sludge belcher, aggro needs abusive sergeant but neither needs both. Having an actual "filter" to remove cards you know you don't want (crap basics like novice engineer, boulderfist ogre) is going to be useful in all decks instead of some, and to at least give me an auto-build deck that I can further tweak.

The "Must include card" option.

.....AKA, the "build the deck myself" function.