Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Friends getting suspicious
lemonhead
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 5:02:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

My friends list are getting suspicous considering that I bot for the 30 wins every day and obviously can't reply to messages while I'm doing so. I have a few lame excuses, but I don't know what to do. I don't want to not bot or unfriend them. I really wish there was an appear offline function, but other than than idk if I should just stop botting or what.
Dre
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 5:15:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
lemonhead;31672 wrote:
My friends list are getting suspicous considering that I bot for the 30 wins every day and obviously can't reply to messages while I'm doing so. I have a few lame excuses, but I don't know what to do. I don't want to not bot or unfriend them. I really wish there was an appear offline function, but other than than idk if I should just stop botting or what.

few tips:

- Be foreveralone (allways the best option)
- Make sure you turn off that that can watch you play
- Run the bot overnight when your friends are offline
- Say that you just watch series while playing and dont pay to much attention / you have your screen smaller so u dont notice chat.
- Tell them to app you if they want to talk to you :P
- When just do stuff close to your pc so you can see when u got a chat, or setup teamviewe on your Phone.
Vick Nan
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 5:18:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 37 post(s)
lemonhead;31672 wrote:

I've been botting for what 5-10 years now and have not had non-botting buddies on one single botting account.

I can feel your pain bro but you're going to have to make your choice. There might be some awkward compromise solution like never have HR go solo, not collecting all gold every day (a dead giveaway), shit like that. Personally, I think you're in pretty deep water already - people aren't stupid - and the remedy for that what I can think of is to fold open that wallet and pick out the credit card, to buy a few rounds of cards.

BlackOak said earlier on here that his experience (from wow) is that Blizz's approach to botting is pay and stay. I wholeheartedly agree. But if a crew goes on a witchunt campaign, they're going to do something anyway as there's the problem with people going to different venues complaining that Blizz doesn't give two shits if you bot. Bad for the brand.

Now if you would manage to find friends who are botting you would have double the fun. Plus it's exciting to share a secret. To find such, however, is a totally different ballgame.

edit: ah yeah you can have the spectating turned off, that's right. Then the situation might not be so dire yet. But there's still that problem with chats.
BlackOak
#4 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 10:17:29 AM(UTC)
BlackOak

Groups: Registered, HSModerator
Man

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Vick Nan;31675 wrote:
I've been botting for what 5-10 years now and have not had non-botting buddies on one single botting account.

I can feel your pain bro but you're going to have to make your choice. There might be some awkward compromise solution like never have HR go solo, not collecting all gold every day (a dead giveaway), shit like that. Personally, I think you're in pretty deep water already - people aren't stupid - and the remedy for that what I can think of is to fold open that wallet and pick out the credit card, to buy a few rounds of cards.

BlackOak said earlier on here that his experience (from wow) is that Blizz's approach to botting is pay and stay. I wholeheartedly agree. But if a crew goes on a witchunt campaign, they're going to do something anyway as there's the problem with people going to different venues complaining that Blizz doesn't give two shits if you bot. Bad for the brand.

Now if you would manage to find friends who are botting you would have double the fun. Plus it's exciting to share a secret. To find such, however, is a totally different ballgame.

edit: ah yeah you can have the spectating turned off, that's right. Then the situation might not be so dire yet. But there's still that problem with chats.

Your option is an easy one and one I have used for years. I ignore most of the shit people type to me on my friends list not because I'm botting but more because I really don't give a shit if they draw the perfect mulligan or won X Loot in WoW. If they moan because I don't respond, my answer is a simple one, "I'm busy doing my shit here, what make you think your shit is more important than mine!". I works for friends because they are friends and for anyone else delete from your friends list :)
evert7877
#5 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 10:41:24 PM(UTC)
evert7877

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I have no friends and over 85 people are wanting to be my friend :D
treetops422
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:15:38 PM(UTC)

Sometimes in wow I would tell people something like, "hey I let my little nephews play on my account, so if I don't respond to your messages ya know why"
rebelranger
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:43:39 AM(UTC)

I have friends from other games on my list, but I doubt they would report or anything.
boting in hearthstone is harmless, only butthurt people would go out of their way to make a report, and even then, a report is just a report, anyone can report anyone just for grief
Vick Nan
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:11:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 37 post(s)
rebelranger;31851 wrote:
I have friends from other games on my list, but I doubt they would report or anything.
boting in hearthstone is harmless, only butthurt people would go out of their way to make a report, and even then, a report is just a report, anyone can report anyone just for grief

This is very true and I agree.

I'm personally a bit reserved with net acquiantances as you usually have known them for a realtively short period of time - you might suddenly learn something surprising like anti-semitism or racism or other negative traits and you might against all expectations find that this kind of person has leverage on you. But yeah, at some point you just need to start to trust people.