Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dragon Priest Post-Warsong
Vick Nan
#1 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 7:47:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I may totally be out sailing with this build but I thought I'd atleast try to start a discussion regarding the Dragon Priest if nothing else.

I aimed for a simple bot-friendly build with control dragon priest, plot twist being justicar and auchenai soulpriests. Trying to cram the deck so full of dragons that the bot won't have to try to keep them in hand while digging for combo cards. Lots of taunts but not sludges tho

Ok the bot doesn't seem to hot on the idea of justicar->auchenai->2 mana 4 damage. Maybe this is too much.

Log:

Silverfish Log

Deck:

Post Nerf Dragon build
Vick Nan
#2 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 8:24:05 AM(UTC)

Faster meta, loads of muster 'heroes'. Murlocs and shit. Auchenais scrapped in spite of nice potential. They are totally hunted immediately when they appear on the board lol.

Dragon Priest v0.2 Beta

This feels like that very goosechase which should be avoided but the leading light here is that I've seen talk about meta being favourable for DP.

The deck in the datasets gained me on short notice not much plus the dude with the probs in the Proj Legend thread so thought we'd try something different.

Suggestions welcome.
Dre
#3 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 8:48:17 AM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
I think defender of argus is still played to the right of the board instead of placing it at the best possible position, so that makes the cards kinda useless atm.

I didnt have good results with dragonpriest lately not even manual, but will try to think with you, to face the current meta iam allmost so desperate to make a deck of only creatures with Taunt haha, damn aggro
Vick Nan
#4 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 9:32:50 AM(UTC)

ers
Dre;31534 wrote:
I think defender of argus is still played to the right of the board instead of placing it at the best possible position, so that makes the cards kinda useless atm.

I didnt have good results with dragonpriest lately not even manual, but will try to think with you, to face the current meta iam allmost so desperate to make a deck of only creatures with Taunt haha, damn aggro

Exactly! Just taunts, fast toons and aoe spells. The dragon synergy simply should be good enough to not ignore atleast to test out.

Question is, should the default datasets be tested somehow too

Nice pointer on DOA, let's switch them to Sludgers

Ah yeah it failed miserably against freeze mage, even with the toons frozen and clear board enemy char on table it kept spamming more there and boosting with Velen +2/+4's. Everything lost after pushing end turn button lol. Gotta report that one to BotMaker.
Vick Nan
#5 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 10:13:43 AM(UTC)

Quote:
EXPLANATION

Dragon Priest is a deck that trys to exploit the dragon synergies in order to play out strong midrange minions on curve. The dragon priest deck packs strong minions for every phase of the game. The gameplan of the deck is to play out minions on curve and heal them in order to get the most value of of them, eventually saturating the opponent out of answers. The power of the deck lies in the amount of value it can generate through the dragon package available in the deck. The hero power of Priest suits the mid to late game approach of Dragon decks as well, making Priest one of the most powerful Dragon deck. Strong plays from turn 1 to turn 9 is what makes Dragon Priest a strong deck and a heavy contender in the meta.

WEEKLY NOTES

This week, we are featuring the same Dragon Priest list by Kibler. The list makes perfect sense in the meta swarmed by Aggro Druids as it runs ample amount of board clear and single target removal. Two copies of Shadow Word: Death is required because an unanswered Fel Reaver is one of the major win condition of Aggro Druid against Priest. According to the meta, a Wild Pyromancer can be played instead of one Velen's Chosen to better combat the swarm of aggressive decks such as Aggro Druid and Face Hunter. The last call of Patron Warrior doesn't hurt Dragon Priest as much as it hurts Control Priest because the Dragon Priest can apply pressure to the Warrior with a good curve into mid-game. As Demon Handlock falls and Face Hunter sees slightly more play, Dragon Priest has withstand the resurgence of Patron Warriors. As we go into a meta where there is no Patron Warrior, Dragon Priest is expected to rise quickly.

Kiblers tempostorm deck

tempostorm dragon priest writeup and deck

when I can I'm switching to the deck plus suggestions in writeup, wild pyromancer for example

edit: I think we really need the bot to keep dragons in hand for combos if possible
the shrinkmeister plus cabal combo is another
not sure on auchenai priests, too slow for the meta? also justicar, I'd like her in somewhere aswell?
Vick Nan
#6 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 12:47:18 PM(UTC)

Dragon Priest Kibler - Botters Iteration

test running this for tonight.

Vick Nan
#7 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 4:44:35 PM(UTC)

Yeah, fuck it.

A far cry from getting excited about. Rank 10->13 barely 30% win percentage.
Onyx
#8 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 4:09:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
In the ASUS marathon Firebat got his dragon priest to legend within 24 hours using this deck http://www.hearthpwn.com...ay-it-cool-marathon-2015
1 user thanked Onyx for this useful post.
jedem3 on 10/29/2015(UTC)
Vick Nan
#9 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 7:53:33 AM(UTC)

We need stupid simple decks for silverfish which cuts through constructed like a hot knife through butter. It has proven to be a fairly complicated task. One of the big secrets in life - of all things, simplicity is the hardest to master.
1 user thanked Vick Nan for this useful post.
jedem3 on 10/29/2015(UTC)