Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Some general advice for a newbie.
Arystrarr
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:25:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Okay, first off, this is a two parter: one being about general tips in HS itself and the other about the HR bot.

So, I started HS around a month and a half, two months, ago. I have been having quite a bit of trouble getting started, to be honest. I just find it quite difficult to get decent cards that I need/want for certain decks I want to build. It just seems the gold gain limits are too strict in my opinion, especially for someone like me who doesn't always get much time every day to play and also doesn't have fifty spare bones lying around every so often to buy mass packs for new cards/dust. I have done all the basic 'hidden' quests for gold except for the 1k total wins. Not sure how close I am to that. In total, out of all the cards I have, my three best decks are with Rogue, Paladin, and Priest. And even they, they are only sub-par at best. I also try to wait until I have three daily quests saved up to do them all at once, but most of the time it takes me two to three days to get those three done, and then any extras that pop up. I estimate my general win-rate to be around 35% tops, which is pretty frustrating. I don't know. It just seems the RNG element in this game rarely goes in my favor. Mostly looking for some tips on how to manage whatever deck I make, when to mulligan, how to manage mana curve when building a deck, etc. And even if anyone can help me build a good deck with the cards I DO currently have.

And for my question with the HR bot. I just started it today, and have been running it for about an hour with what I feel is a somewhat decent warlock deck and it hasn't won a single game. Sometimes I flip over to watch it play a couple turns and it either doesn't play any useful cards or it doesn't play anything at all, even when the opponent has several minions on board. Just wondering if maybe I don't have it set up right or something.

Thank you for reading and any help given.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 11:42:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
HS itself - if you play manually, you can give it a try to complete all quests in rank mode (at rank 20 or lower), and check deck builder website to get some basic, cheap deck builds.

HR bot - watch bot for several games, you'll know how bot 'thinking', then try to build a bot suitable deck, it's not difficult.
Arystrarr
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 12:30:04 AM(UTC)

JoyAdmin;30478 wrote:
HS itself - if you play manually, you can give it a try to complete all quests in rank mode (at rank 20 or lower), and check deck builder website to get some basic, cheap deck builds.

HR bot - watch bot for several games, you'll know how bot 'thinking', then try to build a bot suitable deck, it's not difficult.

I generally do go to ranked for quests, because in casual play I tend to get people running loads of legendaries and such. With ranked it puts me at people around my rank which gives me a slight better chance at getting some wins. Also, if there is a good tavern brawl that gives me an edge I try that for quests, also for the one free classic pack each week.

I guess I'll have to sit in on a good several full bot games to try and see how it plays the cards I use to try and build it a better deck. As of now, I took a nap for a few hours due to feeling sick, and it was won at least six matches. I have 20 gold more than last I checked earlier.

Thank you for the feedback, though.
Arystrarr
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 10:38:06 AM(UTC)

Quick update, in roughly 8 hours or more, it has only won roughly 10-12 matches. Several of which I had to intervene on. I may not be some pro player, but there are some mistakes I can see.