Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tips for not getting caught and banned?
iNiles
#1 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 3:46:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Just thought it would be a good idea to have a discussion on this, obviously no one wants to get banned.

Some general things I do:
Don't bot for extended periods 4h is my max
Don't run it constantly i.e. no breaks between games - i pause it when i can
Play myself once in a while and sometimes take over for bot
Not going for multiple golden portraits all at once
Playing different decks (not spamming a gold farm deck have it on random deck or switch between a few different decks periodically)
hauses123
#2 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 3:57:29 PM(UTC)

I'm botting for 5 months already, just non stop 12h/a day. got 2 golden charachters still no ban ?
iNiles
#3 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 4:03:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
@haueses123 Wow, maybe then the extra safety isn't needed, do you know how often blizzards does ban waves? Have then done one since you started?
hauses123
#4 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 4:14:09 PM(UTC)

Hearthranger users never got banned. There have been only 1 ban wave for "Hearthbuddy"
fryham
#5 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 6:43:35 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
We'll likely all get banned in a ban wave, not much we can do.

My tips:

Don't bot on an account you want to keep.

If you want to bot, make a 2nd account and bot on that one.
franner
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 6:13:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Well personally I only use the bot like 8 hours a day, about the same time, not some unusual time.

But in the end if blizzards wants to make a banwave against hearthranger then there is nothing we can do actually. Most likely you get banned because someone added you and make a complain to blizzard.

I don't know if blizzard monitors when people play but if they do it might not be the best thing to bot 24/7 but I don't know if its just a little paranoia.
Vick Nan
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 12:01:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 37 post(s)
They will look for an identical behavioral pattern, like within half a second or so for a larger group of people. All bots do something exactly the same and that is what they will look up and use. That, and reports from other players who have it even easier to spot un-human behavior in real-time, while playing.

It is however easier said than done to find a common denominator for all bots, as things vary atleast abit, depending on computer and net connection.

The one thing we can do something about is to try to minimize the reporting from other players. I think trying to make the bot look human with pauses here and there, perhaps hover a card above the table and then change its mind, stuff like that might tip the scales atleast a bit towards our side as if the player base gets pissed, investigations will swiftly take place.

Source - I was an extensive macro miner in Eve Online for years
Vick Nan
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 12:06:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 37 post(s)
So the best thing that could happen to us is that we spread so thin that only a few do things in an identical manner. That's why we need loads of decks, mulligans, we need to report shit we see that the bot does which is suspicious and stupid to the devs, just keep a clean, low-profile game with variation. Plus above all NOT piss of the human player base as that's where the real problems start in a heartbeat

edit: Just think about it. The bot gets so good it can do Legendary. So, a couple of hundred people with an identical deck, all playing exactly in the same pace and doing exactly the same stupid mistakes with combos. That's scandal material right there, news stories could get written over on sites like ign and I'm telling you heads would start to roll. When climbing up the ladder, where competition is more fierce, people start taking notice with a vengeance
gatomiaurex
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 12:21:03 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Don't bot at the start of the season, it's hard and you will get reported.

I left the bot running tonight and ended up with 4 friend requests.

ALso, avoid zoo decks, the bot can't handle them and will rope when the board has 5+ minions, that's one of the things that gives the bot away.