Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rope and slow decisions.
samdash
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:14:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Greetings,

I am very new to this bot and the forum, so far I've been having success with hearthranger but after spectating some matches I noticed that I've been losing games just because the bot takes too long to decide and make actions. This happens especially when there are more minions on the board, resulting in rope burning before all actions are made.

Now, this might be fault of my pc, which isn't very fast. Although hearthbuddy ran much better for me. I am also not using silverfish a.i., which, afaik, requires more resources.

I'm afraid of people seeing this, realising I'm using a bot and reporting me, and would like to know if I'm the only one experiencing this. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to decide actions, it would be great if there was anything I can do before I get banned. :)

TL;DR: bot slow, rope burns, wat do?
gatomiaurex
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:48:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Not using silverfish causes the bot to hog the memory, set it to use it and it will work just fine.
1 user thanked gatomiaurex for this useful post.
samdash on 6/28/2015(UTC)
samdash
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:32:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I see. Would that mean that a custom rule set would no longer work?

Update: So I seem to have fixed the issue by setting maximum number of own turn board calculations to 10000 and enemy turn to 0, as well as changing the priority of the bot process to 'high'. Not sure if that impacts the quality of decision making, but it definitely makes it much faster.

Would be nice to know if setting the numbers of calculations so low has negative impact on the bot's turn planning, I couldn't find this information on the forums, unfortunately.