Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New auto concede option and stop bot option
bettergamer
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:10:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I want to suggest a new auto concede option and stop bot option.

The first is an option to stop the bot.
If you could have an option to stop the bot once a hero has reached a certain hero level that would be useful for people who have goals of getting a certain golden card.
You can see here (http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Level) that someone could have such a goal in mind. Most people probably don't want to grind for that.

The second is an option to auto concede based on card advantage/board advantage
That is to say if your opponent has 7 or 8 cards in hand and you have 1.
Board advantage is the number of minions and secrets your opponents has.
A good option is to an AND operand for these two options, (an OR operand could be a selectable option too? I would recommend it),
on aggregate if both of these things are true, you are at a big card disadvantage and a big board disadvantage, it is difficult to make a comeback.
I think the best way to measure card/board advantage might be to just count the opponents cards and minions/secrets.
The hard part is knowing at what measurement should the bot concede. This would take some testing I think.
I think this option will save a lot of time if the bot is just out powered by the card advantage, and the number of minions the opponents has.
The bot can concede and just move on and maybe save time. This would allow the bot to seem more human like too.
Most people who are out number in those ways would concede and move on to the next game.

EDIT: I want add another suggestion. I know the Hearthstone Deck Tracker can keep track of the cards your opponent keeps or mulligans, if they still have Coin or not, the cards your opponents play, and the possible options for what their secrets could be.

So, here is my suggestion.
First, keep track of what options their secrets.
And because certain actions can eliminate the possibility of a your opponent having used a particular secret the bot should keep this in memory to minimize the damage the secrets do.
And maybe there is a way to have the cards kept/mulliganed, and if they still have the coin, influence the actions the bot takes.

But most importantly, if the bot could track what cards you opponent has play, and knowing their hero, the bot could, if it had the necessary information, could predicts what type of deck the opponent has.
And if the probability is high for a particular deck, or type of deck, this could influence the bots actions and play style.
I'm sure that will be quite the task, but it can't be bad to strive for better.
memisis
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:29:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
there is a auto concede if opponent has lethal option, and if your hp is xx and opponents hp is xx but i think its a bit buggy
the auto stop at xx lvl sounds a bit useless since you wanna have all cards anyways you are gonna lvl them up to 60, i dont see a reason why someone would want the bot stop after it reaches lvl 30 or something like that
most of your suggestions is for the A.I, i dont know if joyadmin is working on the A.I. if he does it is realy ALOT of work and it would probably take months to be released, and until then there will be a new expansion with new mechanics and stuff
the bot is good enough to farm at rank ~20 but i would love to see better arena performance. this would be realy great
Baranorn
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:10:21 PM(UTC)
Baranorn

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
i have the lethal auto concede ticked off but it never works. iv been down to 5 hp and my opponent has more than enough for lethal and the bot keeps going. iv never seen that lethal concede ever work
sepefeets
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:30:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Baranorn;27303 wrote:
i have the lethal auto concede ticked off but it never works. iv been down to 5 hp and my opponent has more than enough for lethal and the bot keeps going. iv never seen that lethal concede ever work

It only works with the built in AI.
bettergamer
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:47:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
memisis;27301 wrote:
there is a auto concede if opponent has lethal option, and if your hp is xx and opponents hp is xx but i think its a bit buggy
the auto stop at xx lvl sounds a bit useless since you wanna have all cards anyways you are gonna lvl them up to 60, i dont see a reason why someone would want the bot stop after it reaches lvl 30 or something like that
most of your suggestions is for the A.I, i dont know if joyadmin is working on the A.I. if he does it is realy ALOT of work and it would probably take months to be released, and until then there will be a new expansion with new mechanics and stuff
the bot is good enough to farm at rank ~20 but i would love to see better arena performance. this would be realy great

The auto stop at a specified level might be useless to many, but consider that it could be fairly easy to implement and that it differentiates this bot from other bots.
This one niche feature is what could make the difference between other bots. With that comes more sales.

sepefeets;27313 wrote:
It only works with the built in AI.

That should be noted in the program to prevent confusion, I think.
1 user thanked bettergamer for this useful post.
Baranorn on 6/25/2015(UTC)
memisis
#6 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 4:03:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
another auto concede idea would be that the bot auto concedes everytime before the win-streak begins. this would stop ranking up too fast so the bot doesnt need to concede multiple times in a row to get back to rank 19/18 (if the option is activated)

i read that here a time ago and liked the idea but it doesnt get implented
3 users thanked memisis for this useful post.
Baranorn on 6/26/2015(UTC), sankraz on 6/26/2015(UTC), bettergamer on 6/26/2015(UTC)