Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Default AI doesn't use some minions efficiently
HawkenX
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:20:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Whenever you have buffing cards in your hand, it chooses to buff your current minions (it was a silver hand recruit) instead of the echoing ooze, who can really take advantage of it. I think this could synergize well (even game winning) with all buffs like blessing of kings, power word, mark of the wild, etc.

Also, I don't think the default AI knows how to use Aldor peacekeeper properly. I've never seen it played, even with enough mana. It always choose Humility over the peacekeeper.

Default AI also struggles to prioritize when it's best to use which minion. For example, on turn 6 it would rather play boulderfist ogre rather than acidic swamp ooze + another 3 mana card when opponent has Truesilver Champion equipped. I think destroying good weapons should have precedence over using all your mana.

Flamecannon: Doesn't use on a board with single 4/4 minion, would rather chunk health from a big minon. Is this intentional?

Mechanical part that gives stealth: used it on a minion, and then attacked with said minion. Um... Ok? The minion was at 4/1, it could have avoided an easy death since it was vs a mage.

Doesn't cast fireball on Venture Co. Mercenary (7/6 minion). Ouch.

Doesn't cast fireball on minion with 6/7 (would kill with fireblast anways)

Doesn't cast fireball on minion that would give lethal... (casted on 4/2 taunt instead)

Used a 2/3 minion and fireball to deal 7 damage rather than fireball + fireblast (mage ability). I think fireblast should take precedence, no point wasting minions.

Doesn't recalculate on secrets. Is this possible? Some can really screw you over if you don't replan.

Doesn't play light's justice (1/4 weapon) for 1 mana on turn 1. Not sure if this is intentional either, I don't really see the major disadvantages of using this weapon when you can. This goes with silver too.

Silver 1.2:
Doesn't use draw card spell (mortal coil) before using Life Tap.
Doesn't target flametongue totem (+3 attack to adjacent minions) because it sees the minion beside it has high attack and the totem itself has 0.
Doesn't know that it used corruption, continues to attack corrupted minion.
2 users thanked HawkenX for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 6/25/2015(UTC), MiniNinja on 7/8/2015(UTC)