Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Default AI vs Silverfish AI
djtesla
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 10:26:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

So now that we have Silverfish AI, what are everyone's thoughts on it? Which one are you using & having better results with?

Be sure to tell link your decks too!
ixvasile
#2 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 10:57:52 AM(UTC)

I'll start by saying that all of my decks can be found in the "more than 50% winrate decks" post.

I let the bot play 5 games, and I did notice some differences:

1. Altough I set max calculate board number and max calculate next enemy turn at 80000 and 1000, it seems that the bot does stuff much faster when I use silverfish.dll. I can't measure this, so it might just be my experience.

2. Out of 5 games, I started second in 3 of them. In those 3 matches, I always got a 1 drop. The bot played the 1 drop and then coined for no reason. This should be pretty easy to fix though.

3. Few bugs here n there, nothing to be vocal about.

I'll put it like this. I found the bot to be very good till now. I started a new account and as of now I need 200 more gold to finish Naxxramas. Played 2016 games with a 48.51% winrate, alternating between Trumps free decks and the ones on this site. This silverfish module will have to do something more than just grind for me to be excited about.

Have fun testing!
LeandriN
#3 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 11:51:28 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
as long-term silverfish user on another bot (HearthCrawler) i can tell ya Silverfish was 1 of the best A.I around there !
when HC was still alive silverfish was updated almost every day and worked well with all kind of decks (aggro,control etc..)
i saw few ppls to reach legend with it before GvG release,unfortunately i dont know alot of current bot meta success and top ranks reached.I got around 80% winrate with 1 or 2 rares and all other commons without GvG cards in hunter deck with it and then HC died and silverfish become hearthbuddy A.I.
Actually right now Silverfish is default A.I on Hearthbuddy so i think its kinda good and as a fan i will try it and post winrate % as soon as i got results.
SeasoN 8 Legend Rank reached with bot
plantmann
#4 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:38:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was using Yoins control rules previously and silverfish doesn't seem to work as well for me (using a control druid) i just lost 9 games in a row in casual due to misplays.
JoyAdmin
#5 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:43:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
plantmann;22113 wrote:
I was using Yoins control rules previously and silverfish doesn't seem to work as well for me (using a control druid) i just lost 9 games in a row in casual due to misplays.

When silverfish is on, hearthranger's deck rules will be ignored, the best move depends on silverfish's calculating result.
plantmann
#6 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:56:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
JoyAdmin;22117 wrote:
When silverfish is on, hearthranger's deck rules will be ignored, the best move depends on silverfish's calculating result.

Yeah i know. I just meant that using the deck rules worked better for me than using silverfish.
draezl
#7 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 2:42:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm fairly happy with it except for some random coins and missing leathal from time to time. But for some reason I like it better than HR's own AI, with a few polishing touches and AI improvements I think its gonna be a good one.

And yeah it almost never answer emotes :/ It just click on my portraits so the emote boubles appear, but he never actually click the emotes to emote
mrhands88
#9 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 3:40:57 PM(UTC)

I'm sticking with the default AI for now until the silverfish AI is revised. I usually average 51-53% win rate with default AI
JoyAdmin
#8 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 11:04:05 PM(UTC)

draezl;22121 wrote:
And yeah it almost never answer emotes :/ It just click on my portraits so the emote boubles appear, but he never actually click the emotes to emote

Hearthranger reply emotes randomly, it won't reply it every time.

draezl
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:54:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
@JoyAdmin you have no control over silverfish's AI right? All you can do is improve your own AI? Have you gotten any inspiration how to make your AI better testing out silverfishes algorithm etc?
TheMassivMan
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:29:01 AM(UTC)

How do you guys install silverfish or ultimate ai? i downloaded the files, and then unpacked them into the external bot file of hearthranger and got no clue what im supposed to do... Sry, im new to botting >.< would appricuate an answer :)
JoyAdmin
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:53:26 AM(UTC)

TheMassivMan;22548 wrote:
How do you guys install silverfish or ultimate ai? i downloaded the files, and then unpacked them into the external bot file of hearthranger and got no clue what im supposed to do... Sry, im new to botting >.< would appricuate an answer :)

Check this thread:

http://www.hearthranger.com/forum/yaf_postst4378_v-2-8-0-0---Support-External-SilverFish-A-I----Open-API-SDK-released.aspx
1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
TheMassivMan on 1/10/2015(UTC)
JoyAdmin
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:55:09 AM(UTC)

draezl;22154 wrote:
@JoyAdmin you have no control over silverfish's AI right? All you can do is improve your own AI? Have you gotten any inspiration how to make your AI better testing out silverfishes algorithm etc?

Silverfish is open-source module, everyone can control it if you know how to program with c#.

Hearthranger default A.I. is better and much stable than silverfish, especially in arena mode.

neFAST
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 6:10:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
See a 8 hours comparison here:
http://www.hearthranger....3-in-about-8-HOURS.aspx

Default AI seems to be 2x slower but gave a better winrate on that specific deck
slice670
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 9:18:43 AM(UTC)

JoyAdmin;22554 wrote:
Silverfish is open-source module, everyone can control it if you know how to program with c#.

Hearthranger default A.I. is better and much stable than silverfish, especially in arena mode.

hello JoyAdmin!!
when i read this quote I decided and saw for myself that default A.I. is better but i havent got to test it out in arena mode.
can you tell me the recommended settings for arena using default A.I. my last run got 0/3 using silverfish.dll
should i max my settings for calculations? (when using defaut A.I.)

the only settings i did for arena is
-bot choose paladin or mage or rogue for top 3
-let bot draft cards.

your reply would be really helpful.
thanks in advance
TechnoKing
#16 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:18:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
@slice670 I have a pretty bad computer so I just have the settings and calculations at it's minimum and the last 6 runs were:
mage:6-3
paladin:7-3
shaman:2-3
mage:8-3
warlock:1-3
paladin:0-3
I let the bot pick with my order as mage,paladin,warlock...
draft and play.
For the most part it did optimal plays with some minor mistakes and the occasional major mistake in every 3-4 games it played
I observed it's play for the majority of it's runs only intervening if it wanted to do something really stupid or when it timed out. I recommend it draft and you play or if you average less than 3 wins then gamble and let it play. overall the results are meh but the ones above show that it can achieve more than 7 wins in arena once in a while. I imagine if you set the calculations a bit higher you may get better results.Good luck!