Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

My opinion
Eurithsu
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:58:34 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Your site and the bot's GUI are absolutely disgusting, when I first saw it it just threw me off and made me not want to use it even for free. The quality of the bot is surprisingly high. I don't think you guys realize how IMPORTANT the graphical aspects are and how much they can increase the sales, I suggest you use a better forum software first of all and then work on a theme for both bot and the forum.
gxgxgx
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 12:29:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
joke of the day, maybe you need some toddle and bunny icon appear on the interface.
Eurithsu
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:05:13 PM(UTC)

gxgxgx;25801 wrote:
joke of the day, maybe you need some toddle and bunny icon appear on the interface.

Maybe you need to finish high school and get some common sense before responding to me. Graphics, how the site/program presents itself, in fact do increase sales.
Yoin
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:01:18 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
IMHO, bot GUI is good enough and easy to understand, and the bot do very well its job. A good GUI would be need if the app would be used all the time, but you only need configue it and run it.
About the forum design, well I don't like either, but is ok for its purpose.

Could a good GUI rise the sales? Maybe, but the real reason to buy the bot is the efficience and this have it.
My Control rules: here.
Nowee
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 4:09:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree that the bot's GUI needs to be improved. When I first used it, I was confused by all the icons/pictures, like the battery image and the folder image with an x and + on it. I only realized how to start the bot with the tutorial here: http://www.hearthranger....utorials/HowToStart.htm and later I realized that you could hover over the icons to see what they do. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who tried to use it encountered the same issue but never bothered to figure out how to use it in the end.

@Yoin I don't see how this GUI is considered easy to understand. You probably think it's easy to understand because you've used it for a while and know where all the functions you need are. People who want to buy the bot will try the free version first, and if it works well for them then they'll buy it, but if they don't understand how to use it then they won't buy it. Improving GUI isn't really important if a bot has decent GUI, but honestly I think this GUI is one of the worst I've seen.

Also, the task editor is confusing. Some settings don't seem to work and it doesn't make sense to have a separation between no job list and using a job list. I don't understand why the words job list and task were chosen since they seem to refer to the same thing so using the same word(s) seems more appropriate. I think queue would be a more understandable word for bots.
gxgxgx
#4 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 10:21:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Eurithsu;25803 wrote:
Maybe you need to finish high school and get some common sense before responding to me. Graphics, how the site/program presents itself, in fact do increase sales.

GUI is the first expression, but efficiency is the key to EARN money. As a programmer, we like things keep as simple as possible. configure, run. You are not in our field, that's why the Human computer interaction needs to strengthen for novice user, Login, Enter, Hello world...etc lol
Yoin
#8 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 10:46:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Well, The GUI is more or less the same that when I started to use this bot long time ago and I don't see why it is confusing. This app is similar to other apps: we need a config button to configure it, a play, pause and stop button, and the bot has all of them.

IMHO, options are easy to understand, but I will agree with job list that is a bit annoing (and IMHO must be changed), but the rest is OK under my point of view.

And of course, the bot does the job, and that is the best part.

I had problems configuring my bot too. I know how to fix some problems reported in the forum because I faced them, but all apps need a time to know them and understand how they works.
My Control rules: here.
delay-lamo
#7 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 12:18:49 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Nowee;25812 wrote:
and later I realized that you could hover over the icons to see what they do

That's sad what all those smartphone/tablet/web interfaces made with users...
The interface is probably pretty intuitive and convenient for more experienced users, but may be repellent for younger ones. The question is how many of casual users gonna want to bot in HS instead of playing and watching twitch on the toilet? May be it's not really worth to invest time in designing new UI, not sure.