Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can't get silver.dll to show up in the external A.I. list while using silver.exe. Any help?
wapo
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:50:32 PM(UTC)
wapo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I unpacked the file from https://github.com/noHer...aster/HR/silverfish.rar and put the resulting silverfish folder in the correct place. After launching the bot and silver.exe, the silver.dll just doesn't appear in the extern A.I. module list. I've tried running both with admin rights and then silver.exe without admin rights. I can only get silver.dll to work when I install 3.2.0.0 again without changing any files in the silverfish directory. With the updated silver.dll, I just get an error meessage in the HR window saying
"load extern bot failed: Could not load file or assembly 'file:\\C:\Users\duh\Downloads\HearthRanger\ExternBot\silverfish\silver.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Expection from HRESULT: 0x80131515)"

This is how my HR\ExternBot\Silverfish\ looks like:

Any wise people here to help me?
TechnoKing
#2 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 2:03:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
you have to unblock silver.dll for it to show up under external modules AI option in HR menu. To do so you have to right click > properties > unblock > apply > ok and you should be good to go.
1 user thanked TechnoKing for this useful post.
wapo on 5/11/2015(UTC)
wapo
#3 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:04:49 AM(UTC)
wapo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
TechnoKing;25831 wrote:
you have to unblock silver.dll for it to show up under external modules AI option in HR menu. To do so you have to right click > properties > unblock > apply > ok and you should be good to go.

I'm pretty tech-savvy, but I think I have never used that for anything. After reading your message, I was 90% sure that I wouldn't find this "Unlock" from the properties. There it was and I'm grateful. Thanks.

Could you tell me how using an external process makes the bot faster, though? Not being too serious, is it perhaps easier to make the calculations multi-threaded this way?
Also, should one change the settings in the settings.txt? The bot seems to run out of time with the default settings while useExternalProcess = true. I have my mouse move speed set at 7, but I guess increasing that wouldn't help at all, really. I doubt the issue is my rig, as I'd guess i7-2600k is certainly enough.
The bot just seems too slow for patron warrior.