Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bot did not go for lethal...
TechnoKing
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:48:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I had 11 damage on the board with 3 different minions as paladin no cards in hand I was at 15 health and the opponent was at 14 health,a warrior and had 1 card in hand and dr.boom on the board, i drew a raid leader and while I was tempted to intervene and assure my victory I wanted to see what the bot would do... I was praying that the bot would play raid leader first then attack as it's happened a couple times now that it attacks and then plays raid leader or a buff.. to my surprise it actually played raid leader first but instead of attacking with lethal to the face (11+1+1+1 = 14) it attacked both boom bots, effectively killing off my own minions and losing me the game next two turns... Why is lethal not priority in every situation?! Can someone explain this to me and/or provide a solution thanks was running settings as:
default (no extern selected)
and with Yoin's control deck rules
franner
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:03:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I think posting log would be good here.
I dunno how the internal works of the bot, but my best guess is that it doesn't recalculate lethal after raid leader is out on board?

I have seen some similiar behavior where there was lethal but the bot didn't go for face. So I think there is some miscalculation somewhere or something it doesn't take into account the same turn it is cast such as the +1/+1 buff. Is that right joyadmin?
TechnoKing
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:45:21 PM(UTC)

I'd like to post the logs but not sure how to or where they can be found plus it's been quite some games since then so not sure if I can still find it anywhere but hopefully I can. Another thing that occurs often is that it only autoconcedes when the opponent has lethal sometimes even while using default AI? although it misplays often I still think it's an amazing bot/application and am grateful that joyadmin and everyone here wants to make it the best it can be.
TechnoKing
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:15:28 PM(UTC)

just played another game where I had lethal 2 turns in a row and the bot didn't go for either... First turn I had 18 damage on the board opponent was at 21 health and I had ironforge rifleman and velen's chosen which if the bot had played velen's chosen on any of the 3-4 minions I had on the board and used ironforge rifleman's battlecry to the face bringing him to 20 I would have lethal but no... the bot decided to play ironforge rifleman and kill off the opponents 3/1 shattered sun cleric then put velen's chosen on stormwind champion I believe it was and kill of the opponent minions.. the opponent played voodoo doctor and lesser heal to heal up to 24 and I now had 20 damage on the board with 2 holy smites in hand and the +1 spell power on the board allowing me to do 26 damage if I attacked face and double holy smite to face... but bot decided to play force-tank max and attack for 20 and pass the turn.. luckily the opponent had no way of defeating me even though he had cards in hand and I was at around 10 health or lower with no taunt creatures. The bot is great but I don't think that it should avoid or miss lethal every time it has it just because either it's not on the board(which it misses sometimes either way) or because it prefers to clear the board... I think it should be easy enough to set it to check for lethal including health + armor before everything on board and in hand, then check for taunt and if no taunt, stop the calculations and go for lethal as the win is in my opinion the most important calculation the bot can do. If someone could tell me how to get logs and post them i'd try to do that thanks. Not asking to have a fully play around aoe or play around secrets implemented as it'd be quite a bit harder. Also I know paypal is the only supported for now but for whatever reason I use my cc to purchase things on amazon primarily but a lot of other online shopping sites and paypal checkout is the only one that does not allow me to purchase through it says please use another cc or something along those lines.. Is there no way to give me the option to purchase with cc (Visa) directly instead of going through paypal checkout? thanks