Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Excel DeckRules - Several questions
franner
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:31:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 25 post(s)
1. I am using Yoin's deck rules and wanted to know how to find cards name if it got multiple choices?

In the deckrules I see:
//Power of the Wild
Leader of the Pack
Summon a Panther

how do you find these exact names as it doesn't show on the card? Do I need to debug and how do I do that with a certain card, can it be done when inside "my collection"?

Some examples of cards are:
Druid: Dark wispers
Druid: Wrath
Druid: Grove Tender
Druid: Ancient Lore
Druid: Anodized robo cup

Can you do it another way like
Dark wispers[1]
Dark wispers[2]
to make it use option 1 or 2, left or right? (dunno if something like this has been implemented as I cannot really find any guides on this).

2. Can I tell the bot to make certain attack move order or choose which not to attack first? Like attack with all my minions before killing Sylvanas Windrunner? So it cannot steal minions before I made attack move and make best trade, killing my best minion if possible so it cannot be stolen?

3. Another is trading as many as possible of my own minions if enemy is not lethal if I can cast Kel'Thuzad or Kel'Thuzad is on board and not silenced? So I get minions back that are full health and hopefully got board control back instead of going for face if it might not be most optimal?

4. Can I make hero (druid, rogue or other with 1 attack) attack enemy hero if he has healing totem? Because its was if cannot kill minion as it will heal 1 back next turn. Same as if hero is priest, healing 2 to minions.

5. Can the bot check if there are minions without summing sickness (cannot attack this turn)? For like buffing Echoing Ooze the turn it gets summoned.

I know this is a lot of questions, but I couldn't find the answer searching the forum or reading through the excel deckrules.
Yoin
#2 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 4:11:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
franner;25153 wrote:
1. I am using Yoin's deck rules and wanted to know how to find cards name if it got multiple choices?

In the deckrules I see:
//Power of the Wild
Leader of the Pack
Summon a Panther

how do you find these exact names as it doesn't show on the card? Do I need to debug and how do I do that with a certain card, can it be done when inside "my collection"?

Some examples of cards are:
Druid: Dark wispers
Druid: Wrath
Druid: Grove Tender
Druid: Ancient Lore
Druid: Anodized robo cup

Can you do it another way like
Dark wispers[1]
Dark wispers[2]
to make it use option 1 or 2, left or right? (dunno if something like this has been implemented as I cannot really find any guides on this).

You can define rules for that cards if you know the card name. So you can force to play one of the halves of the card.
About Dark Wispers, I dunno.

franner;25153 wrote:

2. Can I tell the bot to make certain attack move order or choose which not to attack first? Like attack with all my minions before killing Sylvanas Windrunner? So it cannot steal minions before I made attack move and make best trade, killing my best minion if possible so it cannot be stolen?

3. Another is trading as many as possible of my own minions if enemy is not lethal if I can cast Kel'Thuzad or Kel'Thuzad is on board and not silenced? So I get minions back that are full health and hopefully got board control back instead of going for face if it might not be most optimal?

No, for now we can't do that

franner;25153 wrote:

4. Can I make hero (druid, rogue or other with 1 attack) attack enemy hero if he has healing totem? Because its was if cannot kill minion as it will heal 1 back next turn. Same as if hero is priest, healing 2 to minions.

Yes, you can. You can force attack the hero writting a big value to attack hero if him controls "card name". Check for cards that force attack a card as examples.

franner;25153 wrote:

5. Can the bot check if there are minions without summing sickness (cannot attack this turn)? For like buffing Echoing Ooze the turn it gets summoned.

I know this is a lot of questions, but I couldn't find the answer searching the forum or reading through the excel deckrules.

Yes, you can check if a minion can attack or no this turn. Again check my rules for examples. I think that Dark Iron Dwarf can help you.
My Control rules: here.
franner
#3 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2015 3:59:34 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Thanks for the answers Yoin, will look more into it when I got time. If I can figure it out and make some cards play better to my knowledge I will let you know also.
Smartstone
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:57:40 PM(UTC)

I hope it's okay if I ask a question in this post.
As I have a question about deckrules myself.

The situation is as follows:
The enemy has a yeti with windfury.
And I have a buffed harvest golem with enough attack to kill the yeti (and live).
Situation

The bot wants to silence the yeti.
This would be fine if not for the fact that he is going to kill it after anyway.
Is there anyway I can edit the deck rules to have it not silence minions that are going to die anyway?
Deck debug
JoyAdmin
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:52:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
From bot's A.I., I think it's not intend to silence yeti, it wants to cast ironbeak owl, but it needs a target to silence so it can be cast.
Smartstone
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:56:02 PM(UTC)

JoyAdmin;25526 wrote:
From bot's A.I., I think it's not intend to silence yeti, it wants to cast ironbeak owl, but it needs a target to silence so it can be cast.

Hello JoyAdmin thank you for your quick response.

It's hard to argue your logic in this case, it's certainly a good possibility.
Although looking at past matches in which I had the Ironbeak Owl in my deck, the bot seems to keep it in hand until it needs to silence something. (which I very much like)
Yoin
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:37:37 AM(UTC)

Maybe in this case silence value seems to be higher, more than kill the minion first, and that is the reason of this behaviour. Of course, this is not the best move, but if you play vs a person who do that, it is a miss play due a poor thinking (I do some mistakes of this kind because I am playing HS at the sametime that Ii am surfing on internet or watching a movie)
Smartstone
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:58:51 AM(UTC)

It's true human's make mistakes, but they do learn from their mistakes. If it makes the same mistakes repeatedly they might suspect a bot.

Please note that I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating what I observe :)
I'm really happy with the bot and also your addition of the deck rules.
Yoin
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:52:29 AM(UTC)

Well I doubt that a real person remember all mistakes done by his/her opponents, so the learning is not necesary here. Of course, bot behaviour must to be improve to avoid this kind of missplays ;)