Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

some missplays
BotKing101
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 6:19:29 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hey guys. I've been trying out the bot for a couple of days (non stop) and I've found a large number of things that are not yet working with this bot yet.

Legendary Bugs
The bot doesn't understand what most of the legendary cards.

Some examples.

KT - The bot will keep clearing the board while completely ignoring KT.

Sneed's Old Shredder - The bot doesn't know that by killing this another dangerous minion will spawn. I was watching the bot play a game where Sneed's Old Shredder was on 1 health and it ran a 4/2 into it instead of attacking the hero who was on 6 health. and would have been lethal next turn.

Sylvanas Windrunner - Doesn't know that this will steal a minion. I've seen the bot play powerful minions first then killing Sylvanas Windrunner with the existing board and it took my powerful minions.

King Mukla - The bot plays King Mukla and doesn't care about giving the bananas to the enemy. One game the bot used King Mukla and gave the 2 bananas to the enemy and it had exact lethal on me with the 2 extra bananas.

Nozdormu - The bot loses its shit on this card. 15 seconds is way too little time for the bot to make its turn. I believe this card is the biggest counter against bots. I suggest a panic mode when this card is on the board for the bot to work faster and just do as much trading and dump what ever on the board as it can.

Deathbattle, Battlecry
The bot doesn't take it into account that Haunted Creeper will spawn 2 extra 1/1s to the enemy.

There is also a card (can't remember the name) that is a 4/2 mech with charge that gives 1 mana crystal to the enemy. The bot will ALWAYS play this card on term 3 or 2 if it has the mana crystal because this card is too damn good in the bot's eye because it doesn't look at the mana crystal effect.

When the bot has 1 charge left with the eaglehorn bow left and has 1 snake and 1 explosive trap active it will attack with the weapon which is a huge misplay. It simply ignores why this weapon is good.

Arena
I've watched the bot play ALL of my arena runs (8-9) and i have to say it did such a poor job. I think the best it did was 4-3. It makes way too many misplays (understandable because it is a beta bot after all) but its really not worth it for the bot to do it.

During the drafting stage the bot didn't take cards that work better for certain classes it just took what would be considered as an 'op' card and picked that even if it was trash. For example nerubian egg on paladin and explosive sheep on hunter.

Secrets
The bot does not play into any traps what so ever. The current meta includes mages with mirror entiry secrets and the bot doesn't drop a weak minion first it just drops what ever. And freezing trap for hunter, the bot will not play around freezing drap at all.

Card Combos
I've ran a hunter bot with 2 knife jugglers and 2 unleash commands. I've watched the bot with the 2 knife jugglers down on turn 8, the enemy had 5 units on board and instead of unleashing the bot dropped a belcher instead.

Card Positioning
The bot knows nothing about positioning. It will play all minions to the right hand size which makes it very obvious for the enemy that it is a bot.

AoE board removal spells
The bot doesnt play into any board clear spells like flamestrike, blizzard etc. It will just play as many minions as possible.

Spare Parts
So many new GvG cards gives you a spare part card and the bot has no idea what it is or what to do with it. It just holds onto it till the end of the game.

HOW YOU SHOULD USE THIS BOT
The bot will make soooooo many misplays and its so noticeable that it is a bot. I suggest you either watch a movie or play another game and just have this running on your 2nd monitor because you will need to help the bot out quite often. I suggest you just farm up your daily 100 gold and your quest with the bot in normal mode because it is simply not good enough for either arena or ranked.
JoyAdmin
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 10:57:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
Thanks for the detailed misplay report, I'll improve it in the future version.

There is no perfect bot, since bot can't think like human, but you can always find good deck for botting.