Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Opinion/Suggestion/Personal Experience
PabloErnandes
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:04:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey guys, this is my first post in the forum, and i will try to be constructive about my anylises in the HearthRanger.

DISCLAIMER - This is not a rant post neither am i blaming anyone for not doing a better job or anything, I AM trying to help with MY PERSONAL OPINIONS about what could be improved, anyone that disagrees with someting please feel free to comment in a constructive way.

I will be dividing this into topics to be easier to read. My experience with the bot it's not that big though, only did an arena run so i'm not going into it because i don't have enough data.
I will talk about the gameplay of the bot and the options/layout. So first things first.

Gameplay
The thing about the bot that i noticed is that it realy considers the plays before making them (thing that some to most players don't do).
Although this sometimes comes with a downside, when there are too many options to take into considerations the bot sometimes doesn't have time to take all the actions.
So i'm not sure this can be changed in the options menu (the options are still confusing for me), anyway, the time between attacks could be lower what would help alot in this situations.
Another thing about the gameplay is that the bot actualy uses the draw mechanism in LAST, now some may not know, but it's prety obvious, if you are going to draw cards this turn, that is the thing that you should do FIRST, not last.
The correct of actions to make is -
1º Draw if you are planning to do so in the turn.
2º RNG plays first, such as, if you plan on killing your shredder to kill another minion, you should do it first because the other minion that will summon after shredder can change your play.
2.1º Or play mad/madderbomber this can make you have better trades, although if there is much risk in it (if you have too many low minions [ex]) it might not be the best ideia, don't know how hard this would be to implement.
3º Minions with triggered effect knife jugler [ex] that can change the way you trade
4º Use the rest of your mana
5º Attack minions\hero

Interface
So the interface could improve what would make it easely to use/understand. I'm going to point out some improvements that i can think about, and point someting that i don't understand, if you could explain it to me i would be very gratefull.
"mdauf0navct" - I know this really doesn't matter at all but please don't forget to change xD
Now, there are 2 icons that i find not usefull at all (they don't work, or i don't know how they work). The folder with the X and "+" on top, its just there, at least for me. And the battery icon, why are this things there?
I find it more "natural" to have the "ver.x.x.x.x" on the bottom left than at the top.
The "Edit task" button could be in the place where those 2 "useless(as far as i know)" icons, it would be bigger, more eyecatching.
Play/Pause/Stop are OK, just could get a little bigger IMO. And this 3 should be separated from "statistics" and "Debugger"
The "Edit Task" screen. Or i am really bad at math (wich i am xD) or i don't understand shit about how the "Dine if winrate < x % after x games works" seriously i'm that bad :D H.E.L.P. PLZ (Job list great idea btw <3)

I think this is about it guys, show your opinions in the comments and fill free to correct me if i'm wrong in somethings (IM HUMAN GUYS PLZ GIVE ME A BREAK)
Obligatory -> Sorry for bad englando if it is the case.

In case you are wondering this is my bot statistics, i will only include classes with 10+games (I know its not the biggest data but whatever)
This is all with classic decks not changed, i'm still trying to get all the cards for each class and the stats are:

Druid - 36.4%W/R 8-14
Hunter - 63.2%W/R 12-7
Paladin - 23.1%W/R 3-10
Warrior - 64.3%W/R 9-5
Warlock - 50%W/R 6-6

Including everything it is at a 55.86% win rate. (62Victorys)

P.S. I was about to do a TL-DR: But you know what? READ IT!
1 user thanked PabloErnandes for this useful post.
yann510 on 1/29/2015(UTC)
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:25:59 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
GamePlay:

With default A.I., set A.I. calculation parameters to 10000, 0 will shorten the calculation time.

Or turn on silverfish module, and read its source code, then you'll know how to tune it from inside.

Interface:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have listed them to my discussion list, will improve it in the near future.