Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Confused with DeckRules
wanderer02244
#1 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 11:21:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I'm new here... I started hearhstone last week (have played more than 120 hours of gameplay)

what really boggles me is that when i play default deckrules in settings the bot plays and makes stupid mistakes. Im planning in remodeling my own deck rules (or maybe someone could help posting some deckrules. I'm using hunter basic deck and i got a few cards based on hunter's meta with me now) So here is my question going back to deck Rules,

*what are the keywords in ACTION GAIN and pls kindly explain what is ACTION GAIN (im here too afraid to ask coz im noob)
-is there a topic where it was posted

*what are the keywords in USE TYPE

(the conditions are listed in the excel sample file)

thanks guys in advance ^^
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:19:50 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
Simple explaination:

CAST * / ATTACK * <--- it's a ON/OFF switch, if you setup a rule type of 'CAST/ATTACK', bot will not play the card if the conditions are false.

GAIN * <--- it's a A.I. value to adjust bot's behavior, tune it from 0 to 1000 for a card, then watch the difference of playing this card, it's the best way to understand it.

1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
wanderer02244 on 1/6/2015(UTC)
wanderer02244
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:57:35 AM(UTC)

JoyAdmin;22381 wrote:
Simple explaination:

CAST * / ATTACK * <--- it's a ON/OFF switch, if you setup a rule type of 'CAST/ATTACK', bot will not play the card if the conditions are false.

GAIN * <--- it's a A.I. value to adjust bot's behavior, tune it from 0 to 1000 for a card, then watch the difference of playing this card, it's the best way to understand it.

Thanks for the explanation admin shed some light into it about *Gain*

Still a little bit confuse on use type

For Use type; are the keywords listd on the sample such as the ff: (let me clarify it with my own understanding. I'm bad at tis @_@)

*CAST AND TARGET - *cast* means to summon it or to literally use it on hand and *target* means it will use its card abilities to target allied or enemy
*GAIN FOR ATTACK AND TARGET* - the *gain* here is base on he behavior # you set in action gain and "attack and target" is simply to direct an attack singularity
(same explanation for GAIN FOR CAST AND TARGET)

Thanks again Admin. Hope to finish my deckrules today.

Yoin
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:21:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
the best way to learn is check other rule files and use them as model to do your own rules
My Control rules: here.
wanderer02244
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:38:06 AM(UTC)

Yoin;22390 wrote:
the best way to learn is check other rule files and use them as model to do your own rules

dude i just downloaded your spreadsheet and it is sweet .. btw what does $number means?
Yoin
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:00:48 AM(UTC)

You can read each line as if it was a sentence.
For example:

Innervate CAST IF one of my hand cards with $cost = 4 my available mana = 1 turn=2 my hand has card named $(The Coin)

this line can be readed as: You must cast Innervate if you have a card with cost 4, you are in the first turn (when you start second, your first tur is 2 for the bot), and you have 1 mana not used and the coin

Timber Wolf CAST IF some of my battlefield minions are $beast and $number>=2

This line means: Cast Timber Wolf only if you have 2 beast into the battlefield

$number is de condition for number of minions. Sometimes this condition is mandatory.

I hope that this helps.
2 users thanked Yoin for this useful post.
wanderer02244 on 1/6/2015(UTC), JoyAdmin on 1/6/2015(UTC)
wanderer02244
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:24:19 AM(UTC)

Yoin;22398 wrote:
You can read each line as if it was a sentence.
For example:

Innervate CAST IF one of my hand cards with $cost = 4 my available mana = 1 turn=2 my hand has card named $(The Coin)

this line can be readed as: You must cast Innervate if you have a card with cost 4, you are in the first turn (when you start second, your first tur is 2 for the bot), and you have 1 mana not used and the coin

$number is de condition for number of minions. Sometimes this condition is mandatory.

I hope that this helps.

thanks man.. Ahmm i thought that $number is the # for mana or # for turns thank you very much
kolog
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 12:00:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yoin;22398 wrote:

I hope that this helps.

Yeah, about that, I had 2 of these in my hand and it never cast because I had not any other beast... later in the game my hand was full due to this.. (with your control, wich I love..)

Speaking of it.. Is it a final version or are you still working on improvements? I loved your work.

And does it work well with all cards now? Even mech ones? I've tested silver.dll but I like yours better. Just sometimes it could do lethal but ends turn instead... I as warlock had a "do 5 damage" and didn't use Idk why... I had to use that mannually..

That's it.. just a fan with questions =)
Yoin
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 12:37:11 PM(UTC)

kolog;22410 wrote:
Yeah, about that, I had 2 of these in my hand and it never cast because I had not any other beast... later in the game my hand was full due to this.. (with your control, wich I love..)

Thx :)
Well, I usually play one in my deck list and I use the timber wolf to do a few more damage. I set it to be played when you have at least 2 beast to maximize that because the wolf is very weak alone. Of course that rule can be changed or maybe modified to play one if you don't have minions into the battlefield for example or if the opponent's health is 7 or least and you have a Kill command in your hand. I will try to improve it.

kolog;22410 wrote:
Speaking of it.. Is it a final version or are you still working on improvements? I loved your work.

This is a work in progress. I am very busy in real life, but sometimes I have sometime to add some more rules and test them.

kolog;22410 wrote:
And does it work well with all cards now? Even mech ones? I've tested silver.dll but I like yours better. Just sometimes it could do lethal but ends turn instead... I as warlock had a "do 5 damage" and didn't use Idk why... I had to use that mannually..

Well, silverfist is a AI per se and my rules are a filter for HR default ones. Botmaker did a good job before and probably he will overcome current issues with silverfist. About my rules, them follow HR AI default ones. In my experience, default AI uses mechs OK, so for now I didn't modify their behaviour, but if someone find an issue with them I will try to tune them a bit.
About the lethal, I can't do nothing with that, because as I said before, my rule set is a filter, not an independent AI. But JoyAdmin is doing a great work here and the AI find more and more lethal moves every time.

kolog;22410 wrote:
That's it.. just a fan with questions =)

Answered, I think ;)
1 user thanked Yoin for this useful post.
kolog on 1/6/2015(UTC)