Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[SOLVED] Restrict memory usage on low spec computer.
boxer
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:55:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

The bot is a lot less stable since 1.5 and has a terrible bug which cause ram usage of HeartRanger.exe to inflate many times (as much as 1.3 gb). It is quite a pain in the ass when you are using and old laptop like me (2 gb ram, core2duo). It causes extreme slowdown of pc.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:51:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
This is not a bug, better performance needs more resource, normally hearthranger won't use so much memory, except when some turns there are too many playable cards on the board.

I can add an option to restrict max memory usage, but it will reduce performance too if it's restricted.

boxer
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:55:28 AM(UTC)

Well, thanks for feedback. It's better if performance is reduced rather than experiencing complete lockdown of computer. Soon I might move to desktop but still it might worth mentioning that Hearthstone has 20 million players and has very minimal system requirements. Given that, we might assume millions of Hearthstone players are in fact just casual players and probably don't own a gaming rig. It'd be quite useful to have that feature.
JoyAdmin
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:18:26 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
This feature already implemented in latest v.1.6.3.0.

http://www.dsobot.com/fo...y-priority-refined.aspx

- Also a new option to restrict memory usage on low spec computer has been added.

If you want to restrict max memory usage when bot is running, add the following section and value to [HearthRanger.ini].

For example restrict bot can use maximum memory to 512 MB

[BOT]
MaxMemoryUsage=512

If you don't find file [HearthRanger.ini], run hearthranger.exe once, it'll be created.

Default value is 1024, for most users you don't need to add this option, bot can adjust it dynamically.
boxer
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:33:38 AM(UTC)

Thank you very much for quick solution and forgive me for my wrong bug flagging reaction. I can guess how it may feel getting a bug feedback that isn't actually there after all that hard work. Sorry about that.