Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

how to not get caught?
smith08
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:57:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
guys you can write your own tips too :)

is this post useful? give me thanks :) thanks Virus for thanks!

1) try to collect only extraordinary, magic items and higher. if you do so bot will return less times at city so people can't see you in city.
2) try to avoid making friends. just because someone can spam your chat by asking something or try to invite you.
3) don't be in guild.
4) DON'T REPORT OTHER BOT PLAYERS just because to avoid from yourself doubt! it's stupid, immoral and won't give you any result(alibi).
5) check chat to see if anyone even pmed you any message. but don't not answer to that message because message could be send many hours ago! if it's fresh you can but check rule 2...
6) don't write anything at global chat if no one asks you. like this: "ow, i'm so tired, was farming the whole day! anyone found any unique? me not!" just because you may enter at chat with someone (need to answer to the questions: where are you farming, what are you farming etc. someone can even ask you if you use bot), will be invited at group and you have to avoid questions too. if you don't have time for trouble than don't do that. and more important is that don't use word: bot/s no matter at what reason.
7) if someone asks you about bot than you never heard about it and don't want to hear too :) got it? because you must think like this: you love balance and want to play as anyone else. you aren't hurry anywhere and just hate players(don't understend them! why, for what they are doing? to beat someone at pvp?!) which are against rules and destroying the whole game! got it? still not? well i can't help here than. :)
8) play only at dungeons! it's critical.
9) even if you note that someone acts like a bot! jumps at portals as a bot and he is like 100% bot user... don't ask him to come in group to play together, it's still too danger and the guy can go in panic and report you to avoid doubt from himself... just leave that guy alone and wish him all the luck.
10) you can use unique items(to not use any of them is better) but don't play with full unique sets while you are using bot. it's easy to remember you and they may get interested how you got that?(cool staf! can you tell me where you got that? i'm trying for one month and still nothing? hello, are you even reading the text? etc... we don't need problems), where you got and so on. to be being ignorant means you are a bad person or a bot. at both situation someone will like to harm you as he/she can...
11) don't be online for 24/7(take 2-3 hours brake). even if you realy are immortal or son of a god still no one will belive you that. or you want to prove to someone your superhuman abilities? no? than be ceraful :) but that you play with your brother one by one (you guys are addicted for 100% and never go outside from home) it's hard to belive but no one can check this out... so you are safe a bit at this point. :)
12) Jap suggests us some cool ideas : )
use normal task that seems to be a bit more random - and hard to be caught - than predefined Special editions such as Dragon caverns that always follow the same, repetitive and short path.
13) always control the character by mouse when it is in a public area. just because someone can block you and don't let you to move. Bring it inside the dungeon manual if you don't want to waist andermant and THEN start the bot.
14) look at your bot sometimes(Jap said oftend but i modificated it :P), to see it is not doing nonsense.
15) keep all the free possible places in the inventory and turn off the options of automatic sell/melt. because it may sell too fast or not as a human. ofcourse it's still safe to do so or developers can change it and fix the way it sells if they think it's danger but it's just a recomendations. so when the bag is full of items, stop the bot, take the control and manually move your character in city to sell/melt. it's good to do so because bot won't return back to city even when inventory is full. but right now after teleport jump speed was increased i think to worry about it is not a problem.
16) if you can, equip your character with a resistant weapon (for SW, the staff is much more difficult to broke than the wand) to avoid it needs to come back in city to repair
18) choose farming that doesn't require the continuous reentering in order to reset of the map, or even worse the teleport in city
19) collect and use both green and blue essences in order to be faster and more effective. use smart fight with retreat function to avoid to die too often.
//Jap's ideas. anyone else have something to add? tell me.
2 users thanked smith08 for this useful post.
Virus on 10/4/2013(UTC), Rutger on 10/6/2013(UTC)
smith08
#2 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 2:53:49 PM(UTC)

reserved space...
1 user thanked smith08 for this useful post.
Rutger on 10/6/2013(UTC)
Rutger
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:17:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
NICE SUGGESTIONS - THANKS :)
1 user thanked Rutger for this useful post.
smith08 on 10/6/2013(UTC)
smith08
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:11:14 AM(UTC)

Rutger;13893 wrote:
NICE SUGGESTIONS - THANKS :)

jap
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 10:13:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Quite good post, but I'd say that if I should play DSO alone like a thieft just to feel "safe" when I'm boting, I'd surely choose a different (solo) game: many around are much much better than DSO. In my opinion, it is still bearable even when becomes tremendous boring (having you reached the level cap, having no more quests, getting no more xp) ONLY because you still meet new and known (and usually real, rarely bot) people, get relationships with them, play in a group. help somebody, chat about what you want.

As I wrote in another topic, I'm a quite occasional user of the bot, but despite of this some bot hunter caught and post on Youtube my character while it was continuously reenter like a robot (ehm...) into the same teleport. So I'm in the Hall of fame of boters, but no worries: the pillory of Youtube is just a persiflage.

Believe me, I have always kept all the cautions you suggest here above (yes, I chat more than play, but I've NEVER typed the word "bot"). And I see that all was useless. Even because the bot may always stuck in some city, starting to beat its head against a wall, and clamorously disclosing its nature. I really don't understand why the bot shouldn't have a mechanism to catch this kind of stuck (movement with no changes in coordinates = stuck!!) to be immediately able to stop itself.

But, again, this would only serve to not look like an idiot against anyone who sees your character being aware of the existence of bots. For BP instead would be enough to analyze their logs in order to discover the continuous repetitions of the same path, or the breaks made in front of a teleport, or the difficult that bots shows to reenter the same map when they want to reset it.

In my modest opinion, the truth is elsewhere: be a moderate even if constant user of bots, pay the premium if you can and buy tiny quantities of adermants sometimes. All the parts will get a profit, and be sure you will be greately tolerated: at least, this is what I do, and I feel safe because I know they like my money :) They also well know that some items are desirable but really expensive to be identified or bought, so I'm quite sure they are willing to give a discount, but not to see them totally stolen.
2 users thanked jap for this useful post.
smith08 on 10/6/2013(UTC), 01041987 on 4/8/2014(UTC)
smith08
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 10:26:46 AM(UTC)

jap;13906 wrote:
Quite good post, but I'd say that if I should play DSO alone like a thieft just to feel "safe" when I'm boting, I'd surely choose a different (solo) game: many around are much much better than DSO. In my opinion, it is still bearable even when becomes tremendous boring (having you reached the level cap, having no more quests, getting no more xp) ONLY because you still meet new and known (and usually real, rarely bot) people, get relationships with them, play in a group. help somebody, chat about what you want.

"some bot hunter caught my character." "So I'm in the Hall of fame of booters".

"the Hall of fame of booters"? xDDD

thanks, i rad your message and i don't know what to answer. it's all good, well writed, notes about some useful facts. :) i'll read it again later.

p.s

need to be ceraful. i hate guys which are posting others. like if this game was balanced like a chess or billiard (someone said about it previously, probably you! that at those games can't use pay to win) i were be one who where be against of bots (still some people have super memory abilatys and we never can achiev total balance...) and auto programs but there is a shop for pay to win and this game isn't balanced. so why to fight against bots if it not totaly steals bp's income? :) someone thinks that it can make it a justiful game if remove bots? i don't understend them.
this bot even can increase balance because let others to achiev what they want and helps them to be strong too. so this bot is a balance at dso :) am i wrong? xD
pp.s

admins are going to solve that problem of a teleports jump speed(maybe it's already solved, haven't tested :) ). he emailed me with emaile.

ppp.s

sometimes maybe i'm subjective but trying to be objective. but i always remember that i can be wrong or someone can think totaly otherwise. i'm glad to hear others mind too, but it doesn't mean that i'll change my mind without hard logical arguments. :P
jap
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 4:46:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I have read again the suggestions you wrote in the main topic :)

For what I could see and reason, I would suggest the following tips. Maybe you can melt... ehm, merge them with yours :)

1) use normal task that seems to be a bit more random - and hard to be caught - than predefined Special editions such as Dragon caverns that always follow the same, repetitive and short path.

2) always control the character by mouse when it is in a public area. Bring it inside the dungeon you like THEN start the bot.

3) keep all the free possible places in the inventory and turn off the options of automatic sell/melt

4) look at your bot often, to see it is not doing nonsense and if the inventory is full

5) when the bag is full of items, stop the bot, take the control and manually move your character in city to sell/melt

6) if you can, equip your character with a resistant weapon (for SW, the staff is much more difficult to broke than the wand) to avoid it needs to come back in city to repair

7) choose farming that doesn't require the continuous reentering in order to reset the map, or even worse the teleport in city

8) collect and use both green and blue essences in order to be faster and more effective, and to avoid to die too often. The essences bug seems to be solved now.

smith08;13908 wrote:

ppp.s

sometimes maybe i'm subjective but trying to be objective. but i always remember that i can be wrong or someone can think totaly otherwise. i'm glad to hear others mind too, but it doesn't mean that i'll change my mind without hard logical arguments. :P

No need to change your mind :) It was just to talk. And nobody can know what will happen with bots. But I still remain convinced that bots may be tolerated cause they are useful to game developers too ;))